Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Soul Searching

Oh how wonderful it would be if I were an eloquent and inspirational writer like Angie from Bring the Rain, but I'm not. I do however have some thoughts about milestones in my life and this country. (Check my blog list for Angie at Bring the Rain, I don't know how to make it link there for you). So please keep reading if you can follow my rambling. :-)

I was raised in a Baptist home, but as I got older church was my choice. So I didn't go unless I wanted to. I never felt comortable there either. Then I met a great guy, who happened to be Catholic. What a change from my Baptist services. It took a long time for me to figure out Mass. I even stopped going for a while. But soon came back, because it was important for Jay and I to be in church together. Then, finally after 10 years in the Catholic church, I decided to become Catholic. My faith has really grown since I decided to actually join the Catholic Church. No, you don't have to be Catholic to get to Heaven, but this works for me.

Despite the fact that I am not the "model Christian woman" , I do believe and trust that our Lord is in control of it all. The good and the bad. I should pray more and read the Bible more, but despite these short comings I feel closer to him than I ever have. I look at my boys and can't believe that the Lord has entrusted these little men to Jason and I. It's overwhelming at times, but such a blessing. I pray that we can raise them to be noble Christian men.


I will be turning 30 in March. In my 30 years the Lord has blessed me so!! Great family, wonderful husband (most of the time;), healthy beautiful boys, jobs, a home, a car, and the list goes on. But as 3o draws near I'm finally finding myself after all these years.
I don't feel like I'm defined by my insecurities anymore. Although, I am very self concious about my size, I finally realized that doesn't define me! For the first time in my life I believe in myself. So much that I have decided to run my very first half marathon. The Country Music Marathon in Nashville, April 25th! This is a very personal journey for me. Do pray for me, please?

Now, for our Country! Today is such a milestone for our Country! I am very torn about all of this. I did not vote for Pres. Obama. I couldn't in good concious vote for him, because of his stance on abortion and other issues. However, I'm not totally against his economic policies or his commitment to ending the war. I pray that he lets the Lord lead him as he leads our Great Nation!!

I suppose that's enough rambling for today! It is such therapy to write or should I say type it all down.

Till later,
Mel

1 comment:

Kelly Kennedy said...

Yay marathon mama! You go girl! You are beautiful inside and out :) And by the way... 30 is the new 20!!