Friday, December 4, 2009

Recovery

I am day 11 post-op, and hopefully each day will bring less pain. Seriously, I had prepared myself for the worst, or so I thought. I don't think there is anyway I could have prepared myself for the horrific pain of having your leg broken by the Dr. so he could fix it. It stinks!!!!!! I thought the pain of childbirth was terrible.....nothing compared to this!


My mom has been helping out and will continue as long as my leg is immobilized and I am on crutches--which will probably be January. I can't imagine the money we would be spending if Mom wasn't able to be here. One of my sweetest, dearest friends has also made a big contribution. Nancy coordinated meals to be brought to us each evening for almost 2 weeks. What a blessing! I better watch out or Jason's gonna hope I'm down more often so he gets lots of home cooked meals. ;)

We are all adjusting to the circumstances and hoping the recovery is swift. Especially my sweet little Tucker. He definitely realizes something is going on, but seems to be doing okay. His sleep pattern has been messed up a little, but that's all.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing Christmas season and wishing the same for everyone!