Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blessed Be the Name.....

Saturday, when I stepped across the finish line there was such a rush of emotion. I couldn't believe I had done it. But then, I wanted to know where Molly was, since we had separated at mile 7. For me, the race was pretty easy up until that point. The crowds are amazing and the live music is a lot of fun. But, when we got separated. I thought, I can't do this by myself!!! I kept running and came to a church where they were singing...."Blessed be the name of the Lord!" When I heard that my eyes filled with tears, (as they are now). I knew then I could do this even if Molly and I weren't together.

I kept going and by mile 9 I could feel the heat starting to effect me. Sometime after mile 10 I had to start walking, but knew I had to finish this thing running! I walked about a mile or so trying to start back running a few times, but couldn't. Then I got to mile 12. The crowd picked up and so did their cheers. I began running and the closer I got the further away the finish line seemed. I was looking for Jay and Matthew and didn't find them. My memory seems so blurry. I finished, OH MY GOSH...I FINISHED!!

Where's Molly? I made my way throught the crowd and waited. She made it!!!

The heat took it's toll on both of us, but we had an amazing time!
Will I do this again? Can't wait!!! Sounds crazy, but I can't find the words to express what an expierence this was, both physhically and spiritually!

1 comment:

Kirk Family said...

Don't you worry, we'll do many more races together. Thank you for this experience! I'm so proud of us. The next one we'll finish together and neither of us will walk!