Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's all on the pavement.

Today, I saw a sweet, sweet friend I hadn't seen in a good while. Actually, I hadn't seen her since loosing 23 of a total 33lbs. When she saw me, her question was "Where's the rest of you?" I responded, "Its all on the pavement somewhere." (Thanks, Jenny!!)

That was a VERY small part of my day today considering the 10 mile run and two baseball games, but it has stuck with me. Not because it meant the world to me that someone else noticed my weightloss (fyi....it never gets old to hear it!!). It stuck with me because, not only have I "left" excess weight on the pavement, but I've left all those damaging thoughts about myself. Now, don't be mistaken here, those thoughts do try to creep up on me. They just don't stay around to long.

I'm not perfect, and frankly there is nothing about me or my life that is perfect and guess what????? THAT'S OKAY!!! I know the Lord never meant for me to be perfect. He calls me to be holy. Now running hasn't made me any more holy. Wanna know what it has given me? It's given mounds of time to think. Yes, I've solved the world's problems (JK:). Seriously, I have had the opprotunity to examine myself, my thoughts, my motives, and many, many other things. All that thinking has cleared my mind, allowing me to focus on what the Lord wants for me....and that is being holy.

Molly, its no accident that we met. It was all part of His plan!!!!

Oh, did I forget to mention, all this running makes my legs REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sore!

1 comment:

Kirk Family said...

You're right, all part of His great plan! You have motivated me and I thank you for that. Can't wait til April 25th!


*All of me hurts!*